Friday, August 3, 2012

My Baby Dolls


"Claire playing with her dolls"

Little girls absolutely love dolls. I often watch my daughter, Claire as she becomes lost in her own world playing with her dolls. She has conversations with them while pretending to have a tea party. She strokes her doll’s hair lovingly and changes her into cute little outfits. She takes good care of them- she feeds them and gives them a bath. She makes their bed and sings them a lullaby.

"Go to sleep dollies."


At such a young age, I marvel at how this 4 year old girl can be capable of giving so much TLC to her dolls and to her younger brother. She just adores and loves her little brother and treats him as well as she treats her dolls.


Taking care of my babies brings me back in time. I am transported to when I was a little girl playing lovingly with my own dolls. And then it dawned to me that maybe this was God’s way of preparing little girls for the greatest role they will ever take in as an adult- being a mother.


"My real-life dolls: Claire and Ivan"

Being a caring, loving and responsible individual is innate in all of us. It just takes a helpless but cute and adorable creature to bring out the best “mommy” in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment